- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible authoritative Word of God and believe it to be the standard for living for those who follow God. The Bible is truth, the living word, the specific revelation of God to man. In the original manuscripts it is inerrant. The Bible is complete and the final authority over man. (John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:3; Psalm 119:1-8)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
The Father (God)
The Creator and the Sustainer of the universe. Through creation He reveals His eternal power, infinity, diversity, and divine nature.
(Genesis 1:1-23; Romans 8:20; Romans 8:28; Hebrews 1:8; Acts 5:3-4; John 1:3)
The Lord Jesus Christ is God the Son. He is the expressed image of the Father, is the only Savior of the world, and the only mediator between God and man. He was born of a virgin. He alone was sinless, was crucified, buried and rose from the grave, conquering death. He was the final sacrifice for all who put their trust in Him, taking the punishment for our sin on the cross, ensuring our eternal salvation. He will return again to establish His kingdom.
(Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:34-38; John 14:6; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Colossians 1:15-17)
The Holy Spirit is God the Spirit sent by the Father to mankind. He is sent to teach truth and guide mankind into all truth. He is the Counselor who convicts individuals of their disobedience to God. The Holy Spirit works in the unbeliever’s life to bring him to Christ and to give new life, while allowing free will in acceptance of a relationship with Christ.
(John 14:16-17; John 16-7-11; John 3:5-8; Titus 3:5-6)
- God created man in His own image, after His own image, for His glory. In his original state, man had communion and fellowship with God. Man chose to disobey God. Disobedience to God is sin, thus sin entered into the world. This resulted in man’s separation from God, eternal death being passed on to subsequent generations, and an imposed curse upon the rest of creation. Because of his sin nature man omits God and thereby fails to relate himself and his knowledge to God.
(Genesis 1:26; Genesis 3:1-6; Romans 1:24-28; Romans 5:12; Romans 8:22-23)
- Man is given new life and is brought back into a proper relationship with God by personally trusting Jesus Christ the Lord, who shed His blood in payment for sin. An individual is redeemed by God’s grace through faith, not work or service.
(2 Corinthians 5:17; Romans 5:1; Romans 5:10; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5)
- The believer matures into Christ-likeness as he submits to the Holy Spirit and obeys the Word of God. Being Christ-like is evidenced by the fruits of the spirit, righteous living, and good works. Maturing in Christ is a process evidenced by continual growth.
(Romans 8:29; 2 Corinthians 3:18; Galatians 5:22-23; Ephesians 2:10)
- Prayer is the vital communion between God and man, enabling man to talk with God and to worship Him. Through prayer, God’s power and grace are made available to the believer.
(Philippians 4:6-7; Matthew 6:9-15)
- Christ has established the church and is its Head. Individuals are to be related to a church for Christian worship, instruction, fellowship, and service.
(Ephesians 5:23; Hebrews 10:24-25)
THIS STATEMENT OF FAITH OF HAYS VICTORY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY IS THE FOUNDATION
FOR INSTRUCTION UPON WHICH THE CURRICULUM IS BASED.